Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lo Sciopero Commincia!

(low showpehrow co-min-cha)

Well it's official! I don't have italian tomorrow, and may not Thursday. I mean, it's never really official until it begins, but I think it will actually happen. Should be interesting. Hopefully it doesn't last too long and the United Auto Workers etc can be satiated by the UNiversity and all can end well.

NYU is the only private university that has ever recognized this union, and now it isn't, and clearly when you flip flop you get in trouble. We'll see what happens.

What do you think of strikes? Would you strike for something? Tell me. Let me know. What do you think?

Weigh in! (or as in the last time I wrote that.. "weight" in.. heh....)

1 comments:

jules said...

well ironically i just wrote about striking. im not sure what i would really go on strike for. i would probably have a difficult time striking by myself, and i would have to be really passionate about the issue.