Thursday, February 23, 2006

blah. blah. blah.

This is what I do when I'm bored watching Thursday night TV...

here are a bunch of super random questions that Mel answered on her Myspace. I haven't done one of these in a while, so here ya go!

The Media:

Do you watch the Gilmore Girls?
Nope, never seen it once!

Have you ever enjoyed listening to Jack Johnson?
yes. went to his concert this past summer and it was really great. I don't usually choose to listen to him though. He kind of puts me to sleep.. I have to be in the mood, is all I'm saying.

Have you ever seen or enjoyed watching the O.C.?
Yes I have, but I'll admit most of the time I'm just annoyed and/or infuriated by its stupidity.

Do you have one or more Britney Spears C.D.?
I believe I do... I know I had the first one, and then I had "Britney", and I think I have one of Mel's "In the Zone" though I'm pretty sure I've never played that of my own volition...

Which radio stations are your favorites?
I honestly don't listen to the radio here. In UT... 100.3, 98.7, 93.3, and then there's also one really good country one but I can't remember the address.

Do you have a song by Ozzy Osbourne in your library?
That's a no

Queen?
That's a yes.

Alanis Morissette?
Yes. I really like her when I'm in the mood. I really like "Head over Feet".

Do you watch Family Guy regularly?
Never seen it... and yep, my heart IS still beating!

The Simpsons?
No. Though I'll admit it is occasionally funny, I do see why people watch it. I'm just not a big TV person. Esp. cartoons.

King of the Hill?
Nope. No thanks.

Admit it:

Do you read trashy romance novels often?
If Pride and Prejudice is a romance novel, then yes....

Do you really work out every day?
No, I don't. 3x a week is pretty standard.

Have you ever eaten chocolate in bed?
Um... maybe, but only because for almost 3 years now my bed has constituted 60% of the personal space I have in New York City.

Have you ever eaten an entire pint, or more, ice cream by yourself?
No. bleh.

Have you ever spent an entire day in bed without being sick?
Not an ENTIRE day...

Have you ever eaten nothing but junk food for a week straight?
No.

Do you shower every single morning?
I'm big on showers. I get 'em in pretty dang consistently.

Have you ever gone to school/work only 15 minutes after waking up?
Yes. I'm human.

Do you ever forget to give a xmas present & instead keep it for yourself?
Maybe, but not purposefully. I haven't ever actually used one of the gifts I was going to give... which I guess is not as cool as it would be otherwise.

Do you sing obnoxiously in the car when you're driving alone?
Occasionally? Come on!

Do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one's home?
Yes. I LOVE singing in the shower. I don't do it here though... neighbors...

Have you ever watched a little kid's show when you were over 12?
Yeah. I still love Winnie the Pooh and Looney Toones, and all the Disney shows :)

Have you ever looked forward to go to school?
I often do.

The Necessary Love Questions That Aren't So Necessary:

Have you ever pretended your crush was with you when they really weren't?
I'm in a long distance relationship... what do you think? Heh.. that sounds really creepy. No, I actually haven't.

Did you draw for your first crush back in elementary school/preschool?
I'm pretty sure I've always known that I can't draw.

Have you ever asked a guy out? No, but I've made it painfully obvious that they should ask me out, which is basically that.

Have you and a (past or present) significant other ever made an 'Our Song'?
Yes.

Have you ever written a poem/story about your love?
I like poetry.

Autobiography?
Someday! My life isn't that interesting either Mel, but I'm going to subject the world to it! mwahaha!

Have you ever listened to a song repeatedly just because it reminded you of your crush?
hehe... yeah.

Have you ever spent over an hour thinking about nothing but your crush?
I mean, not like I had an hour to burn so I just sat down and thought about him... but yeah.

Do you reread meaningless AIM convos just because they're with someone you like?
I never have been a saver of IM convos... maybe back in the day though.

Have you ever reconsidered liking someone because of their appearance?
Nope. Look at my track record. heh.

Have you ever liked someone solely for their appearance?
I've been attracted to people solely based on appearance- I have never dated or actually "like" someone only for that reason.

The Questions You Love:

Do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily basis?
Probably not. I don't think that I ever get enough protien.

Are you ever anal about cleanliness or organization?
Am I alive?

Have you ever been treated for OCD? ADD?
Not treated for it, but I know that I have some OCD, it runs in the family. But not enough to take pills for, thank goodness.

Do you own a graphing calculator?
Yes, but only because I had to take math recently.

Have you ever been to South America or Africa?
YES! And hopefully I'll visit again this summer!

Have you ever owned a Klutz book or kit?
My brothers had Klutz Magic and Klutz juggling....

Do you know how to knit?
No, but someone PLEASE teach me so I can be the crazy aunt who knits!

Do you have a cellphone or iPod with a patterened cover?
Nope.

Have you ever written song lyrics yourself and put them in your profile?
No, I'm not that kind of girl.

Do you keep a diary or journal (online or on paper)?
Paper since I was 9, online since Freshman year of college.

Did you ever want to be an astronaut or a teacher when you were a kid?
nope. Claustrophobic. Allergic to children. (hehe... I'de be a teacher NOW though!!!)

Do you own a striped sweater?
Yes.

How often do you take a bubble bath?
I'd say never. I have before, and I REALLY love baths.... but not in any scary New York City bathtub, uh uh!

When you open your closet, what is the color of your clothes?
Black. Hey... just being honest. Black, grey, blue, white. It's the truth... I'm boring!

Baskin Robbins or Coldstone?
Baskin Robbins. yes Mel!

Sees or Godiva?
Sick.

America or Canada?
America... who ever heard of "Canada"? (heh!)

Physics or chemistry?
Physics!

Glamorous or au naturale?
Must they be different?

Earphones or headphones?
Just not the in-ear phones... my ear-holes are too small, apparently!

Chocolate brown or teal?
Teal yo.

Earrings or a ring?
Ring.

Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?:
LOTR... call me when Harry looks like Aragorn...

Fly or road trip?
Fly usually... depends on where I'm going and who I'm with!

Starbucks or Petes?
Starbucks.

Athletics or academics?
Both.

Another Wave of Random Questions:

Do you know what a geisha is?
Yes. A high-class prostitute. (you said it Mel)

What is your favorite Disney movie?
Beauty & the Beast and Sleeping Beauty. I don't like "favorite" questions...

Do you have a more classic style or do you stay up-to-date?
I don't really have a style. In fact, if someone can tell me what my style is, I'd be indebted to them. Or better yet, style me so I have one!

How much jewelry do you own?
Not much, I always forget to wear it, just have one ring that I wear consistently.

What year did/do you graduate high school in?
2003.

Have you ever given someone the rejection hotline as your number?
Heh, no!

Have you ever eaten at a food court?
Yes, I have.

Have you ever bought clothes at Sears?
Maybe for Halloween? They used to have really trashy mctrasherton stuff back in junior high. Other than that, their stuff doesn't usually appeal.


Do you own any Care Bears memorabilia?
I still do. (me too Mel!)

Do you have a quilt on your bed?
Nope, no quilts. I do in Utah sometimes, but that's up to the mom.


AND now for the thing that Mel has made me do (and Kimber and Ash for that matter!)
Four jobs I've had:
1-Ambassador at NYU
2-Operations Assistant at Carlyle Court
3-Sales Intern, Ogden Eccles Conference Center
4-Pit Employee, Weber County

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1-Something's Gotta Give
2- Love Actually
3-Braveheart
4-True Lies

Four places I've lived:
1-South Ogden, Utah
2-New York City, NY
3-Florence, Italy
4-those are the only places I've lived for any length of time over 3 weeks....

Four TV shows that I love: [with the understanding that if the TV wasn't on, I wouldn't turn it on in order to watch them...]
1-The OC (which, honestly, has lost alot of it's charm with me)(me too... it suuuuucks)
2-Dancing with the Stars
3-Everyday Italian
4-Desperate Housewives

Four places I've vacationed:
1-Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2-Paris, France
3-Maui, Hawaii
4-Alaska

Four of my favorite dishes:
1-Veal with creamy mushroom sauce- I can't remember the official name.
2-Mimi's cake brownies.
3-Beef in most forms
4-Serbian Bean Soup

Four sites I visit daily:
1-Mel's Blog (www.cuspidora.blogspot.com)
2-Ash's Blog (www.atwendt.blogspot.com)
3-Kimber's Blog (www.kgirl022.blogspot.com)
4-Julie's Blog (www.therambler7.blogspot.com)

Four places I would rather be right now:
1-Looking at a tall dark and handsome man name Matthew.
2-Torino, Italy
3-Somewhere in the Carribbean with cool people and warm weather
4-Uhh... other than that, I'm pretty happy where I am!

And there, folks, you have it!

0 comments: