Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ti Vedo A Parigi.

Earlier this summer I applied to go abroad Spring semester of this year and study in Paris. I decided to go ahead and apply to keep my options open. I knew that the program was only 90 people, sometimes less, and so I felt that I had barely any chance of getting in- so I applied for a roll of the dice. I had a great time in Italy, and why not use the system to get me to Parigi as well? I mean, when else will I live in Paris (my mind springs with possibilites, don't even tempt me!).

Today I got an e-mail from the Office of Global Education- I got in! I can go to Paris in the springtime... dreamy, right?

Well, not exactly. First- there's a baby coming who I'd like to know in the first months of his life. Second- I finally have a normal living situation in NYC- how can I pass this up? Third- I'm pretty sure they don't have the classes I need to help me on my way to taking over the world (or even finishing my degree... which at this point I feel may never happen. Dumb Cain strikes again!). And there are few other handsome reason why I don't want to be away from the US of A, including my love of ice, my longing for american cinema (though I've yet to see a movie here... this may be the longest I've gone without an in-theatre movie viewing in years...), my hatred of the dollar-euro exchange rate, and others...

But it is Paris. In the Spring time. Huh.

0 comments: