Thursday, September 29, 2005

Piove.

Sorry that my titles keep coming out in Italian... I think the last two have ended up being written after class, so I'm still in the mode.

Anyway... I'm feeling a bit better today- yesterday I was feeling pretty, to put it simply, "poopy"- but today I'm feeling a bit better. The only problem now is that it is raining, and New York rain doesn't just mean your umbrella gets wet. Because we walk everywhere- we city dwellers- we find that our shoes and the back of our pants from ankle to knee pit are wetted with dirty gutter water. Any hope for dry feet can be tossed to the wind-- but the wind will most likely just throw it back black.

I'm fine with the rain- yesterday's weather was absolutely fabulous, so I figure I can handle some drops for a day or two. The only problem is now I'm going to stand in it for 6.5 hours. And that's really not THAT big of a deal... except that it is cold today. It hasn't been cold... but today it's cold AND windy... the windy kind of rainy day that prevents you from being able to hold your umbrella straight up for fear of pulling a Poppins. Living in this place teaches you to expertly stear your umbrella against the wind, dodging updrafts and the like.

This was scattered, but I'll have you know that I'm glad that it is thursday, that I don't have class tomorrow, and that I think I'll be able to get quite a bit of homework done tomorrow (which is good news for this girl's sanity, let me tell you!).

Avete un buongiorno, e ti vedo presto se siete in Utah- eh se non siete, poi dovete chiamarmi e dobbiamo incontrarci e cenare insieme, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I don't speak Spanish. In English please.

Anonymous said...

Whatever Matthew.

Get your countries right.

It's OBVIOUSLY German.