Tuesday, September 20, 2005

On a Lighter Note.






Last night I went to the legendary Yankee Stadium.

I was fairly stressed out before my departure and was in many ways dreading the trip- fearing that instead of enjoying the ballpark atmosphere I would be making lists of things to do and counting down minutes until I could accomplish- or fail to accomplish- them. But as I walked through the New York City streets at 5:30 wearing my Baltimore Oriole's shirt (lent to me by their number one fan, of course) I got excited.

We arrived at the stadium in time for superfan to do her interviews for her journalism class- she might as well talk to these crazy Yankee fans because she'll need to know all the logistics and interests of fans when she buys the Orioles in a few years. Or becomes the first femail general manager. Either way- she got her interviews- one of which was with a couple on their honeymoon. Aw. Nothing says Romance like screaming drunken pot-bellied Long Islanders!

We got to our seats- the bleacher seats in the outfield- excellent! I enjoyed where we sat, and of course you know I enjoyed my Hebrew National Hot Dog! Oh yeah.

In the end the Yankees won- and though the Orioles won't make it to the playoffs it would be great it they can beat them the next few games so as to keep the Yankees OUT of the playoffs... I'd reap a sick sort of pleasure from that, I'll admit- and I don't even care that much!

The evening was nice, and though the announcer and stadium seem to be on their last legs, the game was fun. I ducked out a few early to come home and accomplish a few nagging things- which I did in fact do, and that is always a good thing. So the week has begun- I'm playing round three against the Violets today, and we'll see how she goes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad would be so jealous of you, of course not the orioles shurt, but we will keep that on the downlow, love you and miss you just wanted to say hi.