Sunday, November 02, 2003

Run it, G Diddy! K Daddy! Puff Kitty!

The New York Marathon is quite a sight to behold. 30,000 people running 26 miles- usually in about 4 hours. What are these people on, you ask? Life. That's right. Because if you were on crack, there's no way you'd make it!

Elizabeth and I went to the 23rd mile point (what are you thinking at this point? "YES! Three more miles!" or "God, please give me wings to fly..'cause three miles ain't gon' happen!") and watched these incredible people running their guts out- sometimes literally.
It was inspiring, to tell you the truth! These people made me want to get out there and run- Elizabeth is proposed we do it next year. I would like to do that at some point in my life, what an incredible goal! But, my dear friend, next year?

I met Kevin Nealon (from the SNL cast of the early nineties, I do believe)- he was handing out water and filming for the Jay Leno that will air tomorrow night (monday). Elizabeth and I are standing behind him, so if you watch and see a redhead with a pink shirt and a blondish-brunette with a cranberry colored shirt- you're seeing us! WOW!

Kudos to all the runners, or maybe just water and Gatorade, and a full body rub-down.

0 comments: