Sunday, November 02, 2003

Idiots on Parade

It's interesting how a stupid holiday like Halloween (the Devil's holiday, I am now, more than ever, convinced) can make adults dress up and forget their inhibitions- even without the assistance of a mind-altering substance.Very Interesting.

Things here are great. I did survive Halloween here in the big city- it was interesting, and I saw some things I will not share with you for care of our younger viewers. Yes, New York City is an interesting place!

It's always odd to talk to your really good friends when you haven't talked to them in a while, and feel like a- you're not getting the whole truth, or b- something is missing. It's a disappointing feeling, but I guess it comes with the territory, or distance maybe.

Well folks- it is Sunday, and you know what that means? Three weeks and two days until I am back in the U-T for Thanksgiving. And you know what I love even more? Two and a half weeks after that I am home for Christmas break- an entire MONTH without homework or class... and I'm back in my favorite state (it's true folks, distance DOES make the heart grow fonder). And possibly the best part? It is going to fly- consider lots of homework and cool church activities going on, add in the return of Ian, the premier of several great movies, and several humongous papers due before Thanksgiving...then we have the holiday itself. After Thanksgiving we have registration for spring, finals, toss in a Gavin Degraw concert, and I'm home! I'm really happy that the end of this semester is now in sight. I think I have entered the dangerously apathetic stage of the semester- don't worry folks, the work is being done on time and with quality, perhaps only lacking fervor, and I can accept that. But it will all be over soon!

I saw "Love Actually" last night, and I LOVED it! If you like the romantic comedy scene, and can handle a bit of nakedness and some swearing (not excessive, just that "typical" British kind...) then you should see it. It was really sweet. There were some extremely (at the risk of sounding like Newsweek) heartwarming moments.

What else is going on? Well, let's say congrats to Tommy- have fun in Denmark!!! Also, Jared, Ben, Josh, Gavin, and Tommy all have birthdays this month! So happy birthday to you boys!!!

I guess that's really all that is happening with me! I'm really only stressing over the facts that I have 3 big papers due the 2 days before I leave for Utah for Thanksgiving, and 2 of them I will be turning in 2 days early because I am missing one day to make the trip home. It's going to be interesting, all I really want is the assignments so I can get going on them- but I guess we'll see! AHH!

Ok folks, have a lovely week, and e-mail me if you get an urge!

0 comments: