Monday, February 05, 2007

Feels Like -5.

And yes, it does.

One week from this very moment, I will be finished with my Colloquium. And hopefully, I will have passed. I guess I'm assuming I will have, but who knows.

I have officially finished all the "work" associated with the colloquium. Susan, my dear experienced Colloquium-taker has offered to go over things with me Thursday, so that will really be the last step!

I met with my advisor and she looked at me and said "Why are you here? Oh yeah, you're you." She went on to say that my perfectionism and organization will pay off, and has paid off, and the work I've done over the last four years has lead me to this. It was actually a very nice little pep talk. So anyway.... one week from today!

In other news:

It is cold in New York!

I made wheat pizza dough with M.C.Smith and have decided I will try my hand at some real bread this coming Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yoga kicked my butt (and abs, and thighs, and triceps, and shoulders, and back, and chest...) on Friday- the male instructor was intense.

Bible study was great on Saturday- it was good to see you ladies.

So great to work out with you, L.Rogers!

Great to see you Alexis! And for that matter, Sabrina! Ryan's was pretty cool.

Mmm.... Staci and I went to a steak house on Friday for dinner for restaurant- another 3 course fabulous meal- delicious!

Took myself to a movie, at lunch in the theater, and it was a great time. I like that I'm happy eating or movie-going by myself... it's very calm. I recommend it. Take yourself on a date.

Lots of "bad news" this week for friends...and to all of you, I'm sending out love to you and am very sorry. You'll be in my prayers.

Fantastic to see Dash, E, and I- as seen below, of course!

And that's about it. Not too much going on, just that ol' Colloq coming up, but things are good.

Hope you all are doing well!

Claire

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Nettie is right, you are YOU! And I love you for it!

Anonymous said...

We talked about prayer and how powerful it truly is at youth group tonight, and i want you to know that I'm praying for you. I will e-mial you this weekend my friend!!!