Sunday, May 01, 2005

Less Than a Week!

WOW! I can’t believe that it is less than a week until I go home! That’s crazy! It has been a very relaxed weekend so far. I have sat in the sun, sat on the terrace, and... sat in my room! I have gotten about 3.5 pages of my paper written for Wednesday- it’s coming along slowly and hopefully get done sometime tomorrow. We’ll see!

Friday we had school as a makeup day from having Liberation Day off last monday- so we had a super great time with the last quiz in italian, and then went ahead and did the whole unproductive thing that night. Saturday I slept in and did some good ol’ fashioned shopping at the San Lorenzo and finished up the souveniry stuff that I needed to get. Did the Mercato Centrale for the last time- I’m gonna miss the isles and isles of fruit and nuts and yummy veggies! That night we had some fun-laughs-good-times at the Florence vs. Milan soccer game! It was CRAZY! We had nosebleed seats but it was AWESOME! Fans in the US have NOTHING on Italian football fans! The Milan fans were seated in two sections that were FENCED off from the Florence fans with Plexiglas and fencing- and they weren’t let out of it until almost all of the Florence fans were gone! There were pyrotechnics and even a blowup male genitalia- really incredible!

Today I have been even MORE lazy- I sat out on the terrace for a total of about five hours- chatting it up with the girlies of the apartment- it was really fun to just hang out. The weather has been so very hot, it is feeling better today- the terrace was in the shade and it was really wonderful to sit and shoot the breeze! Tonight we’re off to one of our favorite restaurants Acqua al Due to enjoy a last meal there and to break the Passover for Staci in style!
Off to get some work done! I know this was a weak entry, but hey- it's something, right?
OH! And Happy May Day to all!

0 comments: