Monday, December 04, 2006

To Be or Not To Be...

An Intern.

I got offered the internship that I interviewed for on Friday. Hooray! And yet...

I would have a 45 minute (at LEAST) commute every time I went out there, another 45 back. It's not the most desirable location, nor is the office a traditional style office- it is located in a donor's apartment- this is a TRUE non-profit. It would be SUCH good experience, but I'm not sure that in the end it's what I want for my last semester here.

I'll keep you all posted, of course. Right now I've requested more info on the jobs and duties I would have as an intern, and we'll go from there.

I'm pretty tired and still have a group meeting to go to tonight at 9:15. It shouldn't be bad, but the paper I'm currently trying to outline is totally slapping me in the face and laughing at me like a frosting-faced little girl. Cruel!

Some day soon (or maybe this weekend...) I'll post more details and some pictures. In the mean time, leave me some love, wisdom, or inspiration!

4 comments:

jules said...

i wish i had words of wisdom and inspiration, but all i can really say is i love you... hopefully ill hear more about it all tomorrow, then maybe i can give a better opinion.

Anonymous said...

i love you. and i really like the frosting-faced little girl imagery. my paper feels like that old man walking too slowly in front of you that you just can't pass. soon, i'm gonna knock him down and zip past. :)

Matthew said...

You need to slap that frosting faced little girl right back! And tell her you are sick of putting up with all her crap! 249 days!

melissa o said...

YOU GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!!!! (That was a LONG decision process - wow.)

I want o know details when you have them - Monday?