Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Trip to Roosevelt Island.

Last Saturday I visited Josh on his home planet, Roosevelt Island. I say home planet because stepping onto this Island was truly exiting Manhattan (definitely a world in itself)-- the energy is different there (not to sound too spooky). The people seem more laid back, the whole feeling is very similar to a what a set called "Suburbia" might be like. It was neat.

In order to get there you have to either take the subway, or get on a tram at 2nd ave and.... 60th I think (?). I took the tram option because it was more convenient, and you, friend, reap the rewards (however brownish gray they are) of that!

Here are a few pictures of the way over, the tram, and the way back. It's pretty gloomy in the pictures so you can't really see much, but I thought they were neato pictures with the bridge anyway.








Also I'm sure you noticed the one of the apartment- that's Josh's apartment! He lives there with 3 other guys from Navigators and they have a pretty sweet place!

This next picture is from that same day upon my return to Manhatttan. Just as I came out of the subway it started POURING outside. I took this picture because there was all this rain and then this kind of glorious glow coming from between the walls of buildings in front of me... that probably doesn't really translate to the camera, but I thought it was neato! :)



And there you have it, a little photographical update! Hopefully I'll be better at pictures this weekend!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

i thought that it was intersting that the picture of josh's apartment had pumkins on the coffee table. i didn't think guys decorated for holidays?!

Kimber said...

That is one thing I used to LOVE about Seattle, you get this kind of "glow", like you said, between the buildings at night when the fog is setting or when the rain is coming down. It is beautiful, especially at night!!

jules said...

that is so beautiful! i cant wait to come see you! i just got that excited feeling in my stomach...

melissa o said...

That glow was very pretty! I am sure even moreso in person!

Beth said...

We TOTALLY looked at those apartments when we were trying to find a 4BR...but we ended up in Washington Heights. I heart the Heights.