Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm Siiiiiiiiick.

yeah. Lame, right? I escaped the many bronchitis and tonsilitis episodes lurking in the apartment, the flu, the bad allergies, the pink-eye (ahh, to be a college student!), and yet NOW, just a week and 2 days before I fly over the Atlantic and greet those Rocky Mountains, I find myself oppressed by orangey-green snot (mm, imagery!), a sore throat, and some small men digging for gold in my head (or a headache, whatever you want to say). WHY? WHY? This is so frustrating! You'll realize that this is serious when I say that I have lost my appetite. Don't worry, I still ate something, but if you know me you know that I still eat when I'm sick. Strep throat, where's the soup? Flu? Serve up the Mcdees! Sinusitis? Bring on the bacon! Really, I am not an appetite loser- I'm an emotional, seasonal, in sickness and in health, all kinds of reasonal eater! So... last night when I could find no echo of "feed me" deep down, I knew we were in for it. And by we, I mean me. But you get me.

So... it seems those famed words "go see Doctor Corsi" (the free Doctor NYU provides, oh the generosity, for students, whom most everyone here has seen at least once, and whom I couldn't pick out from a 1 man line-up) now apply to me, and so I shall. This afternoon on the way to Italian I'll be swining by to sign my life away to the ever-prescribing free doctor- does anyone feel an E True Hollywood special coming on? "How this Italian doctor caused prescription drug addiction in over 400 students at an American University in Florence, Italy." You'd think with a doctor of a dad and a former nurse mom, and many nursely friends that I'd be more trusting. Well guess what, this is Italy.

Can you tell I'm pretty much ready setty goey to leave this great country? I am, if you couldn't. I am SO happy with my experience, but at this point even the inflexion of the Italian language is starting to grate, and that means its time- cause I love the inflection!
This was a random one, and mostly an update to tell you that I'll be informing you of my last weekend's adventures later on, and then of course expounding in all of my depth on many other matters- I hope to write a lot this week, as a transition of somewhat great proportion is impending!

Hope all is well with you, and since I am not smart enough to add links ON my website, let me give you some other blog links to you can share in the lives of my other dear blogging friends! Here they are!

http://www.Besufern.blogspot.com- this is my dearest Beth, who now lives in NC, but whom I met in NYC my first semester at NYU!
http://www.Awhit.blospot.com- this is Alecia's blog, and she is a season writeressslashtvstarslashactresslashengagedwoman whom I met in NYC as well, though only last semester, and I will anticipate seeing her there again come, oh, say....August 30th?

Well that's it for me, my little swirling mind is spent- time to make the tissue dance....

0 comments: