Friday, April 15, 2005

great things

So I have to say that life is good. I’m getting ready to get school over with, and at the same time I still have a good few weeks left here- a good meaning just over 3, which will not be over too soon, and yet are flying too fast! Funny how that happens, right? But I’d just like to take a moment to recognize some of the fun and great things going on in life- so you can rejoice with me!

-I registered for next semester! Man- this is an answer to prayer, and though I’m on the waitlist for two of the classes, I’m really happy to have the drama of that over with!

- I got my phone back! Here is the story of the phone LOSS:

On the way back from Vienna we were getting off at the SECOND to last stop- meaning that if we woke up late we would end up in Rome which is about an hour and a half (and 30 euro) away from Florence! So the Trenitalia guy comes around and tells us that the train will be in Florence in about 40 minutes- this is at 5:50am. So I set my alarm again for about 6:15 thinking that we’ll get a few more shut eye and then get up and bug out. Well, at about 6:10 I wake up and realize that we are stopped- and in a few seconds realize we are stopped in FLORENCE. That means- yeah- we need to get OFF this train! So jumping from the top bunk Stephanie and I spring to action, Andrea gets herself organized, and we try to avoid waking the other 3 people in the cabin! So we get off the train in 45 seconds flat, and just LAUGH cause we allmade it alive! And the traveling is over! About 10 mintes later I realize that the alarm never went off--- because the phone is still on the train!
After feeling dumb about that I decided that it was better that my phone was on the train than my wallet, passport, iPod, etc. So I was prepared to take that loss, and deal- only a little less than a month left, so I’ll live. Just to ease my mind I stopped in to the Office of Student Life to make sure that there is nothing I could do, and they suggested calling the phone. I was doubtful, but they called- and low and behold someone answered!
Flash forward 2 hrs, and I’m meeting a Trenitalia employee on platform number 5 with my phone- wow! If I could express how unexpted THAT was!

-It was warm today! It has been real cold- windy and rainy even- so I was happy to be warm again!

>>So... I didn’t actually finish this little blog entry the day I began it- which is sad, but I lost the flow I had going, so I’m going to end it now so that I can go write about Cinque Terre!

0 comments: