Sunday, February 13, 2005

Trim Spa Baby!

Don't’ worry, I’m not going on that Anna Nicole Smith slimmer... but Italy is, in itself, a bit of a Trim Spa. Not in that I’m losing weight, I’d love to say I am but I really have no idea- no scales around. The pants are fitting fine, however, so hopefully that means something good. So what do I mean, if I’m not losing weight? Well, I just feel better about myself. Staci and I (pronounced Stah- chee here in bell’Italia) were discussing the the other day- people just SO aren’t concerned about weight here. Carbs.. gasp... are really GOOD here. I would bet that about 80% of the grocery store is bread, cookie, and pasta products- usually in any given grocery store the first two or three isles are sweets breads etc.; croissants, cookies, bischotti, chocolate filled pastries, and so on. Everyone eats them and you know what? Not many truly obese people here in Italy!
I still have my concerns- I certainly hope that I dot’ show up on May 7th looking like Santa but you know, if I do, that means I ate some REAL good food in the mean time. I don’t want to be this season’s “fat bridesmaid”- so that whole Santa trick isn’t in the works, but if I come back with a few more pounds in the saddle... give me a few weeks to readjust, yeah?
“Want my bahhdayy? Italia baaabyyy!”

0 comments: