Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Boyfriend Surprise.

WEll folks, it's true. I have the best boyfriend in the world.

The much anticipated surpise was the BEST POSSIBLE suprise- a visit from Joshua for a couple days- the true pleasure of his company right here in River City.

It seemed like the time went by in a blink! He came in on Sunday night, I discovered his presence at promptly 8pm. We stayed up all night chatted etc. and then I had to go to class the next morning. When I got back from class around 12:30 we went lunch, and then went uptown, to Times Square (espn zone- they have REALLY good dessert!), and then saw a little biit of SoHo. We hung out all afternoon, and then went to dinner with Ian and Elizabeth Monday night around 9. We went to a hip little Italian place, and it was really enjoyable. I'm eager to hear what Ian and Elizabeth though of by favorite boy! :)

Leaving him- or rather, seeing him leave, was really hard. The sadness of it all is always heightened by the fact that I NEVER get sleep the night before we part- largely due to the fact that we stay up trying to "soak up" eachother. As hard, and disappointing it was to see him go, I can't help but smile when I think of those few days. It was so great to have him here. It was a little surreal to have him standing in my dorm room, or holding my hand as we walk down the street- something out of a dream.

I felt like a real dork this morning because as I was walking to school, despite the fact that this day seemed hopeless upon consciousness due to the absence of Josh, I started laughing outloud at the memory of his wearing one of my hats. Just random, and only a flicker of a memory that was NOT a central moment in my life, but a great one. I feel like every time I am with him I have these incredible and lasting experiences.

So yes, there is that (and there is So much more, but how can I possibly tell ALL of it?). But here's the dilemma- now what can I possibly get him for HIS birthday!? I can't fly home, especially because I am going to be home exactly a week LATER for Thanksgiving. So- if anyone has any ideas, PLEASE e-mail me :)

And to My love- THANK YOU. And you know the rest!

0 comments: